Enjoy a short trip to Mount Kilimanjaro perfect for those who want to get the taste of the Kilimanjaro but have limited time. Experience incredible scenery, breathtaking landscapes, and keep your eyes peeled for monkeys and native bird species.
- Discover the beauty of Mount Kilimanjaro as you trek through the Green Forest
- Experience incredible views of the landscape and different vegetation
- Enjoy a well-deserved packed lunch at Mandara Hut
- Keep your eyes peeled for monkeys, birds, and many other wildlife species
Depart from Arusha at 7.30 AM and drive to the Moshi region for breakfast (at your own cost). Proceed to Kilimanjaro National Park which is home to the highest peak of Africa. Mount Kilimanjaro is the top roof of Africa, reaching 5895 meters above sea level. It is a world heritage site and its outstanding features reach into 3 major volcanic centers: Shira in the West, Mawenzi in the East, and Kibo in the center (the snow-capped peak). Check-in at the gate and embark on your guided hike through the forest. Experience the landscape, unique native vegetation, and local wildlife including monkeys and different species of birds. In addition to this, the forest contains elephants, leopards, buffalo, bushbucks, the endangered Abbott’s dicker, some small antelope, primates, rodents, and much more. Depending on your fitness level, arrive at Mandara Hut for a picnic lunch after 3-4 hours of walking. After taking lunch, continue on to the Maundi Crater to witness incredible panoramas. Finally, hike back down for 2 hours to Marangu Gate where the van will be waiting for you to return you back to your accommodation in the evening.
- All park entrance fees
- Guaranteed departure
- All transfers and pick-up
- Packed lunch while on Kilimanjaro
- Bottled water while trekking
- Vegetarian meals upon request
- Knowledgeable English-speaking safari guide.